Thursday, August 2, 2012

7/30 Baby Nugget RV Park in Watson Lake

The mosquitoes ate me alive again. 5 bites on the back, 1 on each baby finger, 1 on right inside arm and left eye swollen again. At least it isn’t as swollen as it was the 1st time, I can still see out of it. Honest to goodness if I don’t get away from these mosquitoes soon I am going to kill myself. I have the constant dry heaves after killing so many and being covered in blood. I can hardly eat anything and keep it down, maybe I’ll lose some weight this way, that’s a good thing.. Get me back to the lower 48 and I think I will feel human again.

Did see 1 Black Bear today on the road, besides all the ground squirrels, I think that’s what they are.

Anyway, we dry camped last night on the side of the road. We got going around 7:30am I think and stopped in Whitehorse at the Wal-Mart. Needed to pick up a couple things and had breakfast at McDonalds. I needed to eat something that reminded me of of lower 48. The last week there wasn’t even a Subway to remind me of home. I just am feeling like I’m in another country and I need to get back to the United States, even though Alaska is in the U.S. it just isn’t the same. I think once we get back I will evaluate if I will ever leave the U.S. again. My dream is to go to New Zealand now I will have to rethink this.

I was so tired while we were driving today that I finely asked Dave to pull over so we could rest. After laying down for 45 minutes I took over driving so we could make it to Watson Lake.  I believe this was the 1st time I drove the RV on this trip, I’m driving the jeep now and really enjoying it, Dave is better at navigating around towns, that’s why I driving the jeep all the time. Plus, it gives him a brake from driving. We stopped at Baby Nugget RV Park with almost full hook ups, just no dump. At least I can have a shower in the morning, I’m not good at dry camping, I like my showers. I know even though we are dry camping I could shower but I don’t always because I don’t want to fill the tank up. Plus, I don’t want to use the propane to heat the water up, save the propane for dry camp cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment