Thursday, August 2, 2012

7/31 Heading for Stewart, BC

Sorry about the depressing post yesterday, was so sick of the mosquito bites that I was kind of in a depressing mood. I really have enjoyed most of the trip so far, just so sick and tired of getting eaten alive. Seeing all the moose, bears, whales, glaciers ect. has been great to see for yourself and not just on a TV show. These things are really out there and it is nice to see.

It was nice staying at an RV Park again and having TV to watch the Olympics, we really enjoy that and do miss it not being in the lower 48.

When we left this A.M. I was totally nauseated again, no breakfast for me. Dave wasn’t too happy about that and almost decided to head back to the lower 48. Wished he would have at the time, but after him driving for awhile and stopping for him to take his pills, I ate some yogurt. After awhile I felt much better, Dave even said he can tell when I’m feeling better because then I start talking again. Don’t know what it was but all of a sudden I felt fine. Maybe it was the motion sickness pills I took. I was up though at 3:30am because I just couldn’t sleep, felt great until right before we left. Maybe I am getting car sickness again, like I did when I was a kid, but don’t think so.

We couldn’t find any place we wanted to pull over at, the one RV Park, Bell II was $35.00 a night, no Free WiFi, like was advertised and only got 15 amps. We get better then 15 amps running on our generator, so why pay $35 for really nothing. We ended up driving all the way to Stewart, 9 hours, we haven’t driven that long in years. Most of the drive here was in rain, did see 1 fox and 1 black bear on the way. I took over driving after a while and all I had was trucks, lots of rain, road construction and no markings on the roadway. Dave had the no markings when he was driving most of the way but not really any trucks or road construction. When I said I would drive there were road markings, until I took over.

After not staying at the Bell II Dave took over driving and the road was perfect and marked, just my luck. Once we got to the RV Park and got set up the WiFi doesn’t work, the whole town only has 1 tower and with everyone sharing it and it raining nothing was working. So again, this post will be late just like yesterdays.

We went out for pizza and wine, it was a long driving day and we didn’t feel like cooking. Tomorrow we will start our touring around Stewart, Canada and Hyder, Canada and Alaska. Plan on staying at least 2 days if not maybe 3. Hoping this rain stops so we can see things, the girl at the campground said they have hat a beautiful summer so far. Wish us luck!

By the way happy belated anniversary to my niece and nephew, Marisa and Shawn, and happy birthday to our neighbor in AZ Bev.

No comments:

Post a Comment