Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8/8 Heading towards Las Vegas, Nevada

After fueling up it was probably 8:30am when we got on the road. We have about a 18 hour drive to Las Vegas. I know friends of ours, Vaugh and Linda, who we stayed with in Wasilla, would make that drive in 1 day but not us we are going to make it in 3. 2 nights in different Wal-Marts, 3 driving days. We share the driving, so that helps Dave a lot. As long as I don’t have to drive through big cities I’m OK, to tell the truth, if I had to drive through big cities I could do it, just wouldn’t like it. I drive slow but don’t care what the people behind me think. I can take them out a lot faster then they can take me out.

These drives now are a lot different then what we had been doing the last 2 months. We are back to flat land, farm land, cattle and lots of hay fields, wonderful loving it. We kind of got tired of seeing only mountains, glaciers, waterfalls ect. You know just give us a few days of what we are seeing now and we will want the other stuff back.

We stopped in Caldwell, Idaho in a Walmart. It’s only for the night so why pay for RV  parking at $30 plus a night. We dumped everything this morning, gray and black, so we are good to go for a few days. All laundry is done so could, if we had to, last another week without doing laundry.

At 5:30pm Dave got on the phone to attend another Habitat for Humanity BOD meeting. While he was on the phone I went into Wal-Mart to shop and look around. I must say they have some strange looking people at this Wal-Mart, but then again I think that of every Wal-Mart we go to.

It’s warm here but have the generator running and the air conditioning is on and it is very comfortable. Watching the Olympics again and back on the road again tomorrow. I believe we will stop again at some Wal-Mart in Nevada, but not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment