Thursday, August 2, 2012

8/1 Raining but Touring in Stewart/Hyder B.C./Alaska

Yea, still not feeling sick. Maybe it did have something to do with all the bouncing around or maybe it’s the idea that I’m only 2,000 miles away from Bakersfield/Simi Valley. I don’t care what it is as long as I feel good.

Still raining here in Stewart, oh well, tour around in the rain. Suppose to clear up but who knows.

We took off and went to the Fish Creek Wildlife Viewing Area and watched for awhile, no bears showed up. The Ranger said they had been showing up early in the morning then again around 4pm, they had bears, foxes and eagles out there fishing for salmon. We took off and drove another 22.9 miles to Salmon Summit Viewpoint. What a drive and what views, amazing. We stopped at 17.2 miles and got pictures of the Toe of Salmon Glacier. Then drove to the top of the summit then 6 more miles beyond that, where they were doing gold mining. I drove on roads that I would never drive, cliffs, holey and all dirt. Normally Dave does that kind of driving but I did it this time. When the jeep started to slide that told me to slow down, didn’t want to end up at the bottom of the cliffs.

After that drive we got back to the coach around 3pm and had something to eat. Then we headed out again for the bear viewing again, hoping something would be there. We got lucky, there was a Big Grizzly Momma Bear and her cub, the cub was eating a salmon and momma was just walking and looking around. Then the Bald Eagles showed up, grown ones and baby ones. We stayed till a little after 6pm then headed back to the RV. Dave promised me we would see bear and eagles feeding and we did.

Tomorrow it’s on the road again. Hopefully we will get internet soon so I can post things and see what is going on in the internet world. The RV Park is suppose to have internet but like I said in another post they just aren’t getting it right now. Dave went up to the office to see if he can get it but I’ll just have to wait.

Forgot to mention, the weather did clear up today and the sun came out. Turned out to be a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment