Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1, 2012, Ferndale, Washington

Ok, OK, let's get the blog caught up, sorry it's taken me so long. When your away from your RV and computer all day it's tough to get back into the swing of things.
May 29 & 30, 2012
I got lost on my way to Curves, even after we did it the day before. It was 194A not 195A to get off on. Anyway, once I got my notes out of my fanny pack I realized the mistake I made. Anyway, made it there, the employee sat behind the desk, with earphones on and didn't say a word. I was the only one there until I was almost done. In the mean time Dave met up with the Monaco repair people and talked about all the stuff we needed done. Wrong! They don't do transmission and generator stuff so we were going to have to make arraignments with Cummins Northwest down the street. After I got back and showered we drove over to Cummins and they could get us in 8am Thursday morning. So now it's shocks, slide and air leak at Monaco and Generator and Transmission at Cummings (share the wealth). We then went and picked up a rent a car so we could drive to Bend, Oregon, long drive in the jeep are not fun.
We got to our friends Lee and Vicki Kessler house in Bend at around 2:30pm, what a great house they have. The remodeled kitchen is great, they have an RV cement slab, at the side, which we will have to park on the next time. We had such a good time visiting, eating, drinking wine and the next day being shown around Bend. They were really smart and retired in a great community. If it wasn't so far away from the kids I wouldn't have any problem moving there. We are making up a new list of the things we want in any new community we will move to in the future.

May 31, 2012
I went to Curves in the morning, didn't get lost this time, and while I was there the employee still sat behind the computer. I ended up at the end of my time training other Curves clients on how to use the stretching machine. Can't believe the employee still just sat at the computer, oh well, none of my business. When I got back we drove the RV over to Cummins for the rest of the maintenance that needed to be done. We went shopping at Walmart, took the rent a car back then on to Costco. Needed to load up on food before we head into Canada. Cummins finished up around 4pm then we headed back to the Monaco parking space for the night.
June 1, 2012
Did the Curves again, and sure enough, the same employee sat behind the computer. She does say "Hi" when you walk in, sometimes, and "bye" when you leave. One lady walked in and starting talking to her and she didn't even pay attention to her, she was so engrossed in the computer. The lady looks at her and says "HELLO" then the employee looks up and says "sorry".
Anyway, we got on the road about 9:30am headed to Tacoma, Wa. It ends up that none of the Walmarts in Tacoma allow overnight parking. We had planned on seeing, Danielle, my girlfriends daughter from Simi Valley, but by the time we got there and drove to her place she would have had to leave for school in Seattle. We decided to just keep going and stop at Ferndale Washington.We weren't suppose to get there until Saturday, oh well, a day early. We plan on doing some visiting tomorrow, laundry and then heading into Canada on Sunday. When we cross over into Canada is when the adventure begins!
I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment